Just when you thought you’d planned for every contingency, your old friend Mr. Murphy pays you a visit.
Consider whether any of the following ring true during your capture process:
- Left to itself, a capture effort tends to go from bad to worse.
- The request for proposal (RFP) is always wired for someone else.
- The incumbent always has the upper hand…unless you’re the incumbent.
- You lose what you think you will win and win what you think you will lose…unless your bonus is at stake.
- Any time things seem to be going well, you’ve overlooked something.
- Every technical solution you invent breeds new problems.
- When reviewing your capture strategy, your boss’ eyes immediately go to the first typo.
- A subject matter expert (SME) is a person who knows more and more about less and less until he or she knows everything about nothing.
- A final review isn’t.
Have you recently met Mr. or Ms. Murphy in your line of business? If so, leave a comment below or write to us. We would love to hear from you.